Monday, February 15, 2010

I'm Yours!

My sweet husband told me last week that he wanted to cook me a Valentine's dinner.  He said that he felt like taking me to a restaurant was the easy way out.  As much as I like to be taken "out" to dinner, I agreed to let him to this for me.  On Saturday, he and our daughter went to Whole Foods to do the shopping for the meal that he had planned, giving me an opportunity to be alone at home for a while (which rarely happens).  When they arrived home, he was a bit worried about the amount he spent, saying, "I took your grocery shopping budget mindset to the other extreme."  At this point I'm thinking, "We could have had a really nice meal out", but I didn't say anything to burst his bubble.

He prepared a 3 course meal consisting of things that he knew I liked. 

First, he knew I liked olives, so he made an olive salad complete with fennel and lemon zest!  I was impressed.

Next, he served a pork loin stuffed with wild rice and roasted asparagus.  Delicious!

Finally, he put together such a sweet dessert platter which had an assortment of cheeses, peach chutney, granny smith apples, chocolate raspberry bread, dark chocolate covered pomegranites, dates, and water crackers.


I'd say he did a great job.  It was fun seeing how excited he was and how much effort he put into preparing a meal that would honor me.  He loves me!

Oh, and here's a little something that I made him....

There are few things in the world that my Daniel loves more than semi-sweet chocolate chips!  I know they are not technically kisses like Hershey's, but they look similar and he loves them!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Erin,

    Congratulations!
    It is my pleasure to inform you that you have won a beaded bookmark as featured on my blog in the One World One Heart blogfest!

    Please send your mailing address to this email:

    mimiandnana@yahoo.com

    I will send you the bookmark right away. I hope you enjoy many hours of reading with it.
    Stop by my blog again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the thought that counts right, AND you got some delicious food. Whata sweet and thoughtful couple you are. :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!

 
3 Column Dark Minima Template by GlamourBomb

Back to TOP