Remember my previous post featuring some of my recent thrifty finds? Well, one of the things I found was a glass trifle dish.... well, I don't know what the real name for it is, but I'll just call it that. Anyway, it was awful!
Here is what I did....
1. Cleaned and dried the dish really well.
2. Spray painted it with Krylon's Ivory.
3. Cut a piece of Oasis Floral Foam (the kind you can fill with water) to fit your container. Fill it with water and wait until water is soaked into the foam. After the water soaked up, I put more water in just to make sure I got it good and saturated.
4. I used carnations. It took a LOT! 75 in all. Under each flower, I cut the stem to about two inches.
5. Begin poking them into your floral foam. Be sure to fill it in really tight so that it will look full!
6. Tie a bow around the neck of the dish.
So easy! And looks absolutely gorgeous!
Here's a pic of the before....
Here are a few snapshots from the shower
The Diaper Cake
Laura and her Mom
We love you Laura and Stephen and can't wait to meet Baby Browning!