Thursday, May 6, 2010

Nashville Tennessee Flood 2010

For those of you who have not heard about what's been going on in Nashville the past week, please watch this video.  The images will give you an idea of what we've been dealing with here in Nashville.


Luckily, our home was spared.  However, a few blocks away from us in every direction, there were ruined homes.

It's been amazing to see how our community has come together.  There has been no riots or looting.  In fact, I heard the police chief saying this morning that there have been no police calls in over 48 hours.  In a city this size?  That's amazing!  I'm so glad that I'm a Nashvillian!

Please pray for the families and businesses affected.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Erin,

    Thanks for sharing this post. I have been hearing about Nashville on CNN. Anderson Cooper is doing his show from there tonight and apoligized on air last night for being so late in getting there. How sad to see the loss of so many lives and so much damage in your area. I am happy you are okay and it looks like your community will pull together and get through this. I heard Kenny Chesney on CNN and he said the Red Cross is great but people really, need the everyday things like tooth brushes, tooth paste, things like that. I wonder how one gets those type of supplies to the people that are in need.
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Unbelievable pictures! The fact that there has been no looting speaks for all the people of Nashville. I live in Texas and almost moved to Nashville a few years back. I loved the city and the people! We are praying for all of you and you will pull through!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you made it through okay! I was hoping so. We managed to have no damage at my house, but some of my coworkers haven't faired as well. TN is strong, and we'll all pull through!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!

 
3 Column Dark Minima Template by GlamourBomb

Back to TOP