Friday, December 3, 2010

2 Years Old!

We weren't sure what we were going to do for Elizabeth's 2nd Birthday, but decided almost last minute to have a small party.  Since I was so late in planning the party, it had to be a small one.  We invited a few adults who are special to Elizabeth and one friend.  I decided on Mickey Mouse for the theme.  She LOVES Mickey Mouse.... 
especially the "Hot Dog" song.

Unfortunately, since her party was mid-week, the grandparents could not come.  However, Gigi (my mom) and Popo sent her a Mickey Mouse card that played the "Hot Dog" song!  

Here is a picture of Elizabeth opening up the card.
She loved it.  In fact, she still does.  At least once a day, I hear that card opening!


I knew I wanted to make a Mickey Mouse cake myself, 
and was so excited when I found a Mickey cake pan at Michaels.

Ready for the party to start!

Listening to "Hot Dog".... AGAIN!
Oh, and I made her birthday outfit, too!

A few shots of her party......

Mama Louise, Rachelle and Kristin

Brigitte, Ted, Mama Louise
Background: Uncle Dave and daddy on the phone

Elizabeth and Tennyson love each other so much

Kris and Eliot

Singing "Happy Birthday".... she didn't like it.

(Can you tell that I ran out of icing?)  Oh well.

Blowing out the candles.  
(Kristin helped since I was behind the camera and Daniel had the video camera)

Yummy!

Tennyson liked the cake, too!
(I love this picture)

Opening presents.....


Elizabeth and Tennyson excited about all the big girl toys!

Ted teaching Elizabeth the proper way to hold a teacup.
(Love the pinky, Ted!)

Just the three of us.....

Elizabeth, you are one loved little girl!  You are so precious to us.  I pray that we can be the mommy and daddy that God has called us to be to you.  I thank Him everyday for choosing us to be your parents.  We are so proud of you.  You have such a sweet spirit.  I love how you say "I Lolu sumuch" --I love you so much and  "I sowee" -- I'm sorry.  You are also so smart.  You can say all of your ABC's with mommy and 90% without mommy.  You can count to 10. You also like to count in 10's... "10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100.... YAY"! Your favorite songs are "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star", "ABC", "Jingle Bells", "Jesus Loves Me", "This little Christian Light of Mine", "Itsy Bitsy Spider", "Jesus Loves the Little Children", and "The Wheels on the Bus".  You love the Bible and I pray that you continue to.  In the morning you say "Daddy work?" and then, "Zebby (Elizabeth) draw" (color).  In the evenings, before bath, you love to play on mommy and daddy's bed and then play chase when we say that it's bathtime.  You bring so much joy to our lives.... our little Elizabeth Joy... and I look forward to everyday with you.








3 comments:

  1. You did a great job with the party especially since it was last minute. Elizabeth is such a special girl. I am so thankful that you guys are in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Father and the HusbandDecember 3, 2010 at 7:54 PM

    Elizabeth you are such a precious gift. I pray that your mother and I will treat you like the gift of God you are. I love when I'm rocking you to sleep and you pull my head down to you for a good night kiss. I love how you get so excited when I come home from work. Not only are you a beautiful girl but you are so sweet. I ask only that I will be given the strength to love you, protect you, and guide you through this life. I love you. And I adore you Erin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth, PoPo and GiGi wished we could have been there to celebrate with you! You are our special grandaughter and we miss so very much! You are a lucky little girl to have a Mommy and Daddy that love you so much! Now you are @! yeah!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!

 
3 Column Dark Minima Template by GlamourBomb

Back to TOP