Tuesday night our church hosted a "Cookies & Canvas" night. I had signed up to bring a sweet treat. Since this was the first time I've brought a dish to an event at church (we've recently placed membership at a different church), so I wanted to be sure my treat was really yummy! Silly isn't it? Anyway, Monday, I was flipping through my new issue of Better Homes and Garden magazine and I found the perfect recipe... feminine, yet sophisticated.
Rosemary-Kissed Orange Thumbprint Cookies!
Here is the recipe....
1 c all purpose flour
1/2 c cornstarch
1 t snipped fresh rosemary
1/4 t salt
3/4 c butter, softened
1/3 c powdered sugar
Few drops of almond extract
1/4 c orange marmalade
powdered sugar for finishing touch
1. In small bowl stir together flour, cornstarch, rosemary and salt. Set aside.
2. In medium mixing bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on med-high for 30 seconds. Add 1/3 c powdered sugar and a few drops of almond extract. Add flour mixture and beat until combined.
3. Wrap and chill dough 1 hour or until easy to handle.
4. Preheat oven to 325.
5. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
6. Shape dough into 24 1" balls. Arrange 2" apart of baking sheets.
7. Use thumb to make indentions.
8. Spoon 1/2 t of marmalade onto each cookie.
Now, let me tell you, I'm no artist!!!! We had an awesome instructor who taught us some basic techniques as she went through the steps. She let us use whatever colors we wanted. I tried my best to match our living/ den area. I think it will look perfect! Now I just need to frame it.