Thursday, March 18, 2010

Favorite Things Friday

Jessica over at A Few Of My Favorite Things invited me to participate in her Favorite Things Friday link party.  I headed over to her blog to see what it was all about.  In her post, she wrote about one of her favorite things... blogging, and the reasons why. 

My post is going to be about my favorite things this week.

1.  My husband, Daniel-  He is a wonderful partner.  He is my best friend.  Although I cannot comprehend how much Christ loves me, I get a glimpse of that love in the way Daniel loves me.  He is a wonderful father to our daughter.  He doesn't mind helping with any household task (Tonight he helped me prepare dinner because there was a lot of chopping involved).  He is fun.  He works hard to provide for us.  He sees parenting our daughter as a 50/ 50 responsibility.  I could go on and on.  Here he is eating one of his favorites: chocolate chip cookies.

2.  My daughter, Elizabeth Joy- She is such a joy to us!  This week has been a big week.  We turned her car seat around to face forward.  We were not sure how she would react to it... or if she would react at all.  We decided to have a family outing to get yogurt once the carseat was situated.  We were not prepared for her reaction.  She had the biggest grin on her face and had the deepest belly laugh.  She was so excited to be able to see us while we were driving.  I love that belly laugh!!!  Isn't this the best smile ever?


3.  My faith.  I am participating in a ladies bible study at our church on Wednesday nights.  The study is called Walking by Faith- Lessons Learned in the Dark by Jennifer Rothschild.  One verse that stuck out to me this week was Deuteronomy 10:12- "Now, O Israel, what does the Lord your God ask of you but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in all his ways, to love him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul".  This is ALL that God asks of me!  After everything he has done for me!  All I have to do is love Him, serve Him?  Sometimes I feel as though my relationship with God has to be a complicated thing.  I feel unworthy (which I am) and  I feel like I am not doing enough (which I never will). 

This verse has centered me this week.  It reminds me where my focus needs to me.... on Him.  Not everything else that needs to get done during the course of the day.  Once my focus is where it needs to be, everything else will fall into place.

4.  Thrifting/ Junking- I have always loved going to flea markets and thrift stores.  I love finding the beauty in something that others may have seen as junk.  It's a good thing I enjoy rehabing things... our house is full of flea market and thrift store finds!  Here is a something that I picked up at Goodwill and turned into a wreath.

5.  Sewing/ Crafting- I began sewing when I was around 10.  The first thing I made was a cape for my Barbie.  Thinking about this now is pretty funny considering I give my husband a hard time about his love for Superheroes.  Anyway, I love fabrics and putting together the unexpected.  Below is a picture of a onesie that I embellished last week.

6.  Blogging- I never thought I would be a blogger, nor would I ever read complete strangers' blogs.  I have  a friend who has always loved reading blogs of people she doesn't know and then telling us stories like they are someone she knows.  I always thought it was crazy and here I am doing it, too!  I'm still a newbie in the world of blogging, but it has been so much fun to connect with women out there who share in my same interests and who challenge my creativity.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting at Favorite Things Friday and for the nice comment! I love this post, and I love the same things as you! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!

 
3 Column Dark Minima Template by GlamourBomb

Back to TOP