I began by taking out the picture so I could paint the frame. The frame was beautiful and solid wood, but I wanted to add a little color to a large wall in our dining area. I loved the color Ivy Leaf that I used on my Fruit Stand Rehab, so I decided to use it again. Plus, I thought it would be a good way to pull it all together. I sprayed two coats of Krylon's Ivy Leaf. The next day I distressed it by sanding and applying Mocha glaze by Valspar.
I've been dying to do something with an old piece of burlap that I've had laying around, so I covered the original artwork with the burlap. I also had this metal "J" that I got at Kirklands a few years back that had been collecting dust, that I decided to use in this project.
Oh, and there's the Fruit Stand!
It's amazing what a little paint and burlap will do!