Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spray Paint and Burlap

My mom gave me this picture a few years back.  It's not really my style (and we're not coffee drinkers), so I'm finally doing something with it!
                                                                   
                                                                    BEFORE:

I began by taking out the picture so I could paint the frame.  The frame was beautiful and solid wood, but I wanted to add a little color to a large wall in our dining area.  I loved the color Ivy Leaf that I used on my Fruit Stand Rehab, so I decided to use it again.  Plus, I thought it would be a good way to pull it all together.  I sprayed two coats of Krylon's Ivy Leaf.  The next day I distressed it by sanding and applying Mocha glaze by Valspar. 

I've been dying to do something with an old piece of burlap that I've had laying around, so I covered the original artwork with the burlap.  I also had this metal "J" that I got at Kirklands a few years back that had been collecting dust, that I decided to use in this project.

AFTER:


Oh, and there's the Fruit Stand!

It's amazing what a little paint and burlap will do!

Linking to:
Photobucket 
giveaways

10 comments:

  1. Looks great! I did a framed monogram project earlier in the month, too, and I can't stop staring at it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful! I am so glad that I hopped over from Somewhat Simple! Please accept my invitation to drop in at my place one day this week when get a chance. until later...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Erin! I see your a fellow Tennesseean! Great job on the burlap monogram!! Stop by my blog if you get a chance!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I love the green you used for the frame. And I love nothing more than burlap and monograms...perfect combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Adoring HusbandMarch 18, 2010 at 7:11 PM

    The burlap and monogram is excellent! Great job Erin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome idea...luv it! Hope you have a wonderful Sunday:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! I love that green and the two pieces tie in so well! Passed through from shabby chic cottage-your art made me so happy. -shaunna :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I HEART burlap and spraypaint. It't the perfect marriage! This looks great.

    You now have a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful shade of green... I need some of that! Thanks for sharing at the POPP.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!

 
3 Column Dark Minima Template by GlamourBomb

Back to TOP