Friday, March 5, 2010

What's in my Fruit Stand?

Remember my Fruit Stand Rehab post from Wednesday?  Click here to see what it looked like before.  I know I promised that this post would come yesterday, but yesterday turned out to be one of those days.  So, here it is today!


Isn't it cute?  I wanted to make something springy for my table, but typical springy decorations incorporate pastels which wouldn't go with my decor.  These little eggs are so easy and cheap (which I love) to make!  You can buy all your supplies at Dollar Tree.  All you need is twine, hot glue, and easter eggs (the kind you fill with candy).  Although it's super easy, I have to admit, it took be about 20-30 minutes to do each egg.  That's why my fruit stand is not completely full yet!
I didn't take pictures, but the instructions are easy.
1.  Cut a long length of twine. 
2.  Open an egg and place one end of your twine inside the egg  and snap it shut.
3.  Begin hot gluing the twine all the way around the egg.  It worked best for me to start in the middle and work my way down to one end, then, with another piece of twine, starting at the center, work my way to the other end.

That's it!

TOTAL SPENT FOR A BEAUTIFUL SPRINGTIME CENTERPIECE?
Fruit stand from Goodwill= .99
Twine from Dollar Tree= $1.00
Easter Eggs from Dollar Tree= $1.00
Spray Paint= on hand
glue gun/ glue= on hand
________________________________________________
Total= 2.99!!!!

3 comments:

  1. The Adoring HusbandMarch 6, 2010 at 1:46 PM

    I like the twine wrapped eggs. What a great centerpiece. Good job Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fruit stand is gorgeous - What a great find! Adorable centerpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this....especially cuz I'm not a fan of all the pastel pink and blue Easter decorations out there! Thanks for sharing and for linkin' up to Frugalicious Friday!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!

 
3 Column Dark Minima Template by GlamourBomb

Back to TOP